Roll Away The Day is the first EP release by Harwood and it drops tomorrow, followed by a CD Release Show at Shine Restaurant and Gathering Place this Wednesday!
Roll Away The Day is a collection of songs written over the past two years. The EP showcases Harwood’s versatility, not only as a multi-instrumentalist, but also as a producer. The recording of the album took place over several months in home, semi-professional and professional studios. Harwood hired local musicians to play on four of the five tracks, creating a folk/rock fusion soundscape.
Roll Away The Day winds its way from surf-acoustic pop to backwoods driving bluegrass. It is about life changes told through several character’s lenses. Overall this is a folk record, but with the banjo and synthesizers together, Harwood is certainly bending the genre. The album opens with what seems like a bluegrass ballad, but quickly embarks on an acoustic rock fusion anthem of drums and bowed upright bass. The EP ends far from where it started, with a raw and emotional singer-songwriter tune highlighting a stripped-down production, where the focus is simply on the story of lost friendship.
The EP marks a turning point in Harwood’s already illustrious and diverse music career. After five years in the funk/Americana project Rocktin Grove, Harwood has jumped headfirst into writing, producing, managing, and booking his solo career. He embodies the indie artist attitude and the work hard/stay focused mentality.
Preceding Roll Away The Day, Wilson released two singles: “Saturated in Sunshine” (Fall 2015) and “Lines of Chances” (Winter 2016). Both were lauded as a fresh new sound from the former Rocktin Grove band leader. And both were tracks we really enjoyed bringing you coverage on.
Make sure to get tickets to Harwood's release show slated for this Wednesday here.
And check out his tour schedule below:
- 05/10/2016 - Palisade Brewing Company, Palisade, CO
- 05/13/2016 - Across The Street At Mueller College, San Diego, CA
- 05/14/2016 - Gypsy Den, Santa Anna, CA
- 05/15/2016 - Genghis Cohen, Los Angeles, CA
- 05/17/2016 - Hotel Utah, San Francisco CA (w/ Josh Halverson)
- 05/20/2016 - Sierra Valley Lodge, Calpine, CA
- 05/25/2016 - Astro Lounge, Bend, OR
- 05/27/2016 - Soulfood Coffee, Redmond, WA (w/ Jaspar Lepak)
- 06/03/2016 - Park Burger, Denver, CO
- 06/08/2016 - Rockwood City Music Hall (Stage 3), NYC, NY (w/Sarah Kervin)
- 06/09/2016 - Gypsy Sally’s, Washington, DC
- 06/12/2016 - Taste Of Fort Collins, Fort Collins, CO