5. Cautious Clay- A year and a half ago, Joshua Karpeh, a.k.a. Cautious Clay, was unheard of. That is until he released one song on Soundcloud in 2017 which blew up, titled “Cold War.” Most recently, Cautious Clay released his EP Table Of Context. Packed with soul and creative song lyrics, it’s hard not to look forward to his set. Listen to his songs “SIDEWINDER” and “SETTLER’S PARADISE” if you want to get an idea of what to expect.
4. Elohim- Elohim is an electro-pop DJ and performer based out of Los Angeles. What makes her sets so much fun compared to other DJs is that she sings over the awesome beats she plays. Her lyrics are uplifting and positive, and her songs are fast paced, giving you no choice but to bounce up and down with the rest of the crowd. Fan favorites that she’s destined to play at LIB include “Sleepy Eyes”, “The Wave,” and “Half Love.” Don’t miss her at The Lightning Stage.
3. WC Thornbush & The Great American Show- One of the most unique things LIB has to offer is its Grand Artique stage. Grand Artique began as an art collective based out of San Diego, and it is now a Lightning In A Bottle staple, coming up on its ninth year at the festival. The Grand Artique stage hosts unique musical acts, immersive art, and fun theatrical performances. Returning once again to Grand Artique is WC Thornbush & The Great American Show. It’s a full hour of comedic songs and theater taking place in old-time America. It’s amazingly creative, funny, and will still make you want to dance!
2. Disclosure- A rare performer in the U.S., Disclosure is no doubt the most popular name on LIB’s lineup, and for good reason. Their 2014 debut album Settle arguably gave artists Sam Smith and AlunaGeorge their first big hits. And their follow up album Caracal in 2015 also had plenty of big songs, most notably “Magnets” featuring Lorde. Since then, the group took a short hiatus of touring, but has returned with some very unique singles, including “Talk” featuring Khalid. Disclosure will be the final act of the week on Lightning Stage, slated for a 90-minute long DJ set.
1. Lane 8- A California-born and Denver-based house DJ quickly climbing in popularity, Lane 8 makes beautifully melodic music which gives you no choice but to feel good. Many of his songs feature incredibly talented vocalists over instrumentals he creates, which can only be described as ethereal. This set will put the crowd through an emotional journey that will vibe perfectly with the spirit of Lightning In A Bottle. Expect there to be tears in everyone’s eyes when he plays “No Captain.” Check him out at Woogie Stage at midnight Saturday night!
Of course there are an so many other acts that we’re looking forward to, along with the full itinerary of yoga and workshops focused on mindfulness, health, and community taking place throughout the weekend. The sun will be out and the lake will be full. We can’t wait! See you there Cali!
All photos, videos, and embedded tracks per the artists featured and those credited. This feature was edited for brevity and clarity by BolderBeat.