Boulder’s folk duo The Fremonts are back it. First found in the Boulder scene in 2015 after a move from NYC, The Fremonts released their self-titled EP and toured the state with their bluegrass/country/blues folk sound. Comprised of couple Stephanie Dodd (vocals/keyboard/xylophone/accordion) and Justin Badger (vocals/guitar/kick drum), the two-piece have most recently been recording their first full-length record, We Don’t Live There.
Said Badger, “As for the new album, we built on the sound we started developing on our EP by adding a full band and recording all the core tracks live in one huge room over at KMGLife Inc. With a little help from Colorado’s own Ars Nova Singers, we were even able to record a twelve-person choir and strings on one track. We are excited to share this music after spending so many months preparing it.”
In anticipation for a June release date, The Fremonts have several Colorado shows booked over the coming months where you’ll be able to preview their new tunes.
The band also recently recorded an NPR Tiny Desk video, which you can check out below:
So keep an eye out for The Fremonts’ upcoming We Don’t Live There record, and in the meantime, check them out at one of their live gigs!
- February, 11th 2017- 8:00pm - The Laughing Goat, Boulder CO
- February, 25th 2017 - 6:00pm - The Very Nice Brewing Company, Nederland CO
- March, 4th 2017 - 10:00pm - The No Name Bar, Boulder CO
- March, 18th 2017 - 7:30pm - Cannon Mine Coffee Co., Lafayette CO
- March, 22nd 2017 - 6:00pm - Espresso Vino by Brewing Market, Lafayette CO
- March 27th 2017 - 9:00pm - Pearl Street Pub, Boulder CO
- Keep up with The Fremonts here.
All photos, videos, and embedded tracks per the artists featured and those credited. This feature was edited for brevity and clarity by BolderBeat.